The renter must:
- Be over 23 years of age to qualify have a valid driving license issued at least one year. Other car groups, the renter must be over 25 years old and have a valid driving license issued at least 3 years ago.
- Have a valid Greek, European (for E.U. countries) or International (for countries that don’t belong to E.U.) driving license.
- Have a personal credit card.
When collecting the vehicle all renters need to have:
- A valid driving license.
- A personal credit card. Third party credit cards are not accepted unless there is a written validated authorization.
- If the renter does not hold a credit card, he can only rent a car from the following groups: provided he has taken the Collision Damage Waiver insurance (C.D.W.) and pre-paid the whole rental value
- The vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel and must be refilled prior to car return, otherwise a charge of fuel in addition to refueling fee of € 10,00 will apply.(depending on the valid average fuel cost)
- When collecting the vehicle, the renter will be given a Rental Agreement which he has to check and sign. The Rental Agreement will show all services and insurances provided as well as any extra services/insurances that the renter might request with their relevant charges.
- It is very important that the renter checks and reports any means of damages on the vehicle in order to avoid any charges regarding damages caused by a previous renter. The renter has to sign at collection/delivery a condition form Insurance
All Rent a car Paxos vehicles are insured:
- Against liability to third parties (excluding driver) for death and injury up to 1.000.000,00€ per victim
- Material damages to third parties up to € 1.000.000,00.
- Total or partial theft
- Driver’s accident cover € 12.000
- Legal cover
- Total destroy of vehicle
- Excess Limit € 400
Additional Driver (A.D.)
- Extra charge for each additional driver: € 3,50 per day.
Incident Administration Fee
- In case of an accident due to the renter’s liability, renter has the obligation to pay a non refundable fee of € 15,00 in order to cover administration expenses.
Administration Fee for fines
- The renter is liable for the payment of all traffic fines that may occur during the car rental.
Loss or damage of key
In case of loss or damage of car key during the rental, the renter is liable for following charges:
- € 1.100,00 for car groups
- Equipment are on request and available only after a reservation.
- In case of a cancellation of a reservation made through internet, the deposit payment 30% is non – refundable.
- Please note that we are unable to give a refund if you return the vehicle earlier than the reservation’s return date and time.
In case the renter fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and time, without any written or telephone conversation will cancel the reservation after 3 hours. Rent a car Paxos reserve the right to charge the balance payment
In case the renter returns the vehicle and it’s cabin has stains which require a special cleaning procedure (ie animal hair, sand etc. on car seats or car floor or port baggage etc.), he will have to pay the amount of € 80,00
Ferrying the car
It is forbidden without an advanced written authorization from Rent a car Paxos. In case of ferrying the car between Greek islands the renter has to return the car to the pick-up station, otherwise all transportation costs will be charged to the renter. In case of an accident or mechanical problem, the car transportation back to Paxos is at renter’s responsibility and for all expenses.
If the renter wants to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, he will have to contact the Rent a car Paxos office in Gaios (+30 26620 32269) and check availability first.
Rent a car Paxos accepts the following credit cards:
- In case renter chooses the payment method of credit card for reservations through internet and only.
- For reservations paid by credit cards there will be a surcharge of 1,025 fees (2.5%) on the amount.
- Above mentioned rates don’t include V.A.T.
- All traffic fines resulting from violation of the Greek traffic law are for renter’s account.
- Rates & Conditions may change without notice.
- The Athens Courts of Law are responsible for resolving any problems or doubts of service that might occur.
Changes to reservations
- Rent a car Paxos allows you to make changes to a reservation by contacting the Rent a car Paxos office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any change to a booking will be recalculated based on the availability and prices at the time the change is made. This may be higher or less than the price originally booked.
All reservations are subject to availability. In the event that we cannot provide you a car of the category you made a reservation, we will try to provide you with a car of the next category without any extra charge.